As Meristem grows, we are continually looking for hard-working, compassionate people to join our team. If you want to join a culture rich in serving others with their wealth management needs, please contact us.
We are currently seeking an Associate in our Client Advisory area.
Information can be found below.
Meristem is a federally-registered investment advisory firm founded in 1999 with offices in Minnetonka, Naples, Scottsdale and a South Dakota based Trust Company. Meristem is a boutique firm with the scale and structure to serve multi-generational families in the management of their wealth and the development of their legacy. The firm is intentional about offering an alternative to working with large institutions. We place a high value on our independence. We focus on people first. As a service business, our people are our assets. Engaging our clients and employees is our highest priority. Given our continued organic growth, Meristem is seeking an Associate to add to our client advisory team.
ASSOCIATE POSITION SUMMARY:
The Associate coordinates and manages information and operational aspects regarding client relationships, working closely with internal team members, clients and their fiduciaries.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty.
- Supports high touch client relationships through monitoring project timelines, communicating with client team members and preparation of materials for meetings
- Monitors and follows up on execution of transactions and completion of client projects
- Coordinates financial information with client fiduciaries, attorneys, CPAs, etc.
- Assisting in maintaining client communications
Financial and Reporting
- Assists Senior Associates and Client Advisors by compiling financial information and preparing presentations for prospect and client meetings
- Assists in the coordination of ongoing investment portfolio management by understanding the clients’ financial goals and objectives
- Assists in monitoring client accounts to cover cash flow needs of clients
- Understand Meristem’s investment philosophy and how to incorporate in clients financial objectives appropriately
- Partners with the client service team to coordinate the onboarding of client families
- Maintains a high level of compliance standards at all times
- Conducts research and analysis with regard to client financial goals across disciplines offered
- Maintains organization of client action items and financial information using Salesforce
Other duties may be assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required in this job position.
- Understands and complies with SEC and other company required rules and regulations
- Demonstrates effective speaking and presentation skills
- Strong writing proficiency and excellent communication skills
- Demonstrates strong numerical aptitude
- Possesses outstanding organizational skills and the ability to manage and balance multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrates initiative, problem-solving ability, and adaptability and flexibility
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability and desire to work on a team
- Proficient with MS Excel, Word and MS PowerPoint
Represent Meristem’s Core Values
- Client-first mentality
- Passion for the craft
- Driven to succeed
- Collaborative and responsible
- Evolving and innovative
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BA in Finance, Accounting or related degree
- Two to three years’ experience in financial services or related industry
- Actively pursuing CFP® designation, desired
- Experience with Salesforce, Tamarac Reporting and/or MoneyGuidePro is a plus
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing all duties of this job position, the employee must be able to work at least 8 hours per day and must be able to communicate with the public. He or she is regularly required to sit; stand, bend from the waist, write, operate the computer and all office equipment, use the phone; speak intelligibly, and hear.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position. It is not intended to be an entire list of all activities, tasks and skills required of employees in this position.
ASSOCIATE, CLIENT ADVISORY
Job Location: Minnetonka, MN
Department: Client Advisory
Reports To: Associate Team Manager
Interested Candidates should provide resume and cover letter to: email@example.com