As Meristem grows, we are continually looking for hard-working, compassionate people to join our team. If you want to join a culture rich in serving others with their wealth management needs, please contact us. We are currently seeking a Senior Associate for our Client Service Team.
POSITION SUMMARY: SENIOR ASSOCIATE, CLIENT SERVICE
Client Service team members build internal relationships with Client Advisor team members by partnering to understand client goals and objectives and educating, advising, and servicing within the client teams. Client Service achieves this by providing solutions to clients’ onboarding, account management, and operational needs. Successful Client Service team members thrive in a fast-paced work environment, requiring high-level problem-solving abilities and strong interpersonal communication skills. They put the clients’ needs ahead of their own.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty.
Client Service Responsibilities
- Proactively communicates and partners with the Client Advisory team to set proper expectations around clients’ service needs
- Prepares account transactions, trades, deposits, withdrawals, RMDs, etc.
- Communicates with client advisory team to understand client requests, determines what needs to be done and communicates to the advisor or handles issue to resolution
- Manage and resolve client service problems
- Ensures accurate completion of prospect or new client paperwork and account set up around multiple types including but not limited to individual, trust, retirement, partnerships and corporate accounts
- Attends client onboarding meetings as/if needed to ensure documents are executed and accurately explained to the client
- Follows up on funds transfer from surrendering company
- Maintains Salesforce (CRM) database and client files (filing, copying, data input)
- Researches and follows up on any issues within the Client Service/Data Management teams and vendors or custodians
- Records incoming assets to the appropriate blotting tool
- Client profile maintenance within CRM database
- Reviews and updates client information in multiple databases
- Trades accounts across multiple platforms
- Maintain appropriate compliance standards
- Partners with Meristem Trust Company regarding trust account setup, account activity and maintenance
- Facilitates pool investment documents
- Educates, advises and services clients and client teams across regarding changes to processes
- Perform other job-related duties and/or special projects as required.
- Other duties may be assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required in this job position.
- Understanding of account types, transfers, setup and retitling
- Strong with numbers, attentive to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrates initiative, analytical skills, and has a passion for problem-solving
- Resourceful, adaptive to change, and prioritize projects with the focus on the needs of the client
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills both one on one and within a team
- Enjoy a fast-paced environment and the ability to deliver in a high energy/high-pressure environment
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision
- Understands and complies with SEC and other company required rules and regulations
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software
Represent Meristem’s Core Values
- Client-first mentality
- Passion for the craft
- Driven to succeed
- Collaborative and responsible
- Evolving and innovative
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s or Associate Degree in Finance or related studies
- Minimum of three years of similar work experience in financial, professional services experience industry or related field
- Previous experience in an operational support role within the wealth advisory field is strongly preferred
- Knowledge of custodial institutional system preferred (Schwab, Fidelity, etc.)
- Salesforce software and DocuSign knowledge a plus
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing all duties of this job position, the employee must be able to work at least 8 hours per day and must be able to communicate with the public. He or she is regularly required to sit; stand, bend from the waist, write, operate the computer and all office equipment, use the phone; speak intelligibly, and hear.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position. It is not intended to be an entire list of all activities, tasks and skills required of employees in this position.
Interested candidates should send resume to Heather at Hkolstad@meristemfw.com